Mark your calendars for the Joint Aquatic Sciences Meeting in Grand Rapids, Michigan, May 14-20, 2022.
The meeting will be held at the DeVos Place convention center and it is organized by the Consortium of Aquatic Science Societies (CASS), which includes:
- American Fisheries Society
- Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography
- Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation
- Freshwater Mollusk Conservation Society
- International Association for Great Lakes Research
- North American Lake Management Society
- Phycological Society of America
- Society for Freshwater Science
- Society of Wetland Scientists
The JASM Program Committee invited proposals for symposia, pre-conference workshops/professional development courses, and integrated events which support the conference theme:
Rapid Changes 〜 Collaborative Solutions
Collaboration among disciplines is critical to address common problems, whether in wetlands, streams, lakes, or oceans, and to study these problems from an ecosystem perspective. Collaboration is also necessary to conduct translational research that delivers actionable results which support science-based solutions. We encouraged proposals that bring together scientists from across the spectrum of the CASS members and encourage session organizers to not just consider diverse topics, but also speakers and the unique perspectives offered by our colleagues both inside and outside the organizations of CASS. We look forward to sessions exploring all aspects of aquatic science that include a diversity of speakers by career stage, gender, race, ethnicity, geography, and perspective.