Yes, if you register as an in-person attendee, you may change your registration to virtual if you can no longer attend in person. The deadline for a refund of the cost difference for such changes is April 1, 2022.
Begin by selecting your society membership (if any) and then the correct type of membership (student, professional, etc.). If you have questions about your membership status, please contact the appropriate organization below.
- AFS: Kelly Kotche, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASLO: Helen Schneider Lemay (email@example.com)
- CERF: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FMCS: membership check: https://molluskconservation.org/Members.html, new members: https://molluskconservation.org/Join.html
- IAGLR: Wendy Foster, email@example.com, Join or Renew https://iaglr.org/membership/
- NALMS: Alyssa Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PSA: Membership: email@example.com or join via this link: http://ordering.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/membership.asp?ref=1529-8817&doi=10.0111/%28ISSN%291529-8817
- SFS: Member Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, (435) 797-7902. To join or renew: https://sfs.memberclicks.net
- SWS: Michelle Suarez email@example.com
Conference registration includes access to all scientific and networking programs, including:
- Plenary sessions
- Concurrent oral sessions
- Poster sessions
- Social events
- Student networking activities
- Access to virtual presentations and meeting content for 180 days after the conference
Full meals or light hors d’oeuvres will be provided at the majority of the Networking Events (visit this site for more details). Light snacks will be provided during the AM and PM breaks.
Yes. Click here to view instructions for group registration.
Financial support is being provided by several of the participating societies – please check with your society. Substantial savings are available to members of one of the participating societies and those who register early.
Grant & travel award contacts:
- ASLO: Brittany Schieler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FMCS: Student awards: https://molluskconservation.org/Mservices_awards.html, Curt Elderkin (email@example.com)
- SFS: Undergraduate Travel Award: Laura Naslund & Carolyn Cummins (firstname.lastname@example.org); Graduate Endowment Awards: Amanda Rugenski (email@example.com); Emerge & Instars: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SWS: Brenna Miller (email@example.com)
Registration will remain open until the final day of the conference (May 20, 2022).
All cancellation requests received on or before April 1, 2022, will be issued a refund. No refunds will be given thereafter except in the event of extenuating circumstances, which the AFS office will identify on a case-by-case basis.
Requests for registration cancellation must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not able to attend one or more sessions, JASM will not prorate or refund any part of your registration fee. Substitute attendees will be permitted. Substitution requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com no later than 7 days prior to the event start.
You can check your registration by signing into your account. Events that you signed up for are also listed on your emailed invoice.
Hybrid Meeting Format
JASM 2022 will allow for participation and presentations by both in-person and virtual attendees. Each hybrid event has slightly different capabilities; here is an explanation of how the JASM event will work for both in-person and virtual attendees and presenters.
Caveats: Due to bandwidth limitations at our venue, only in-person presentations at Plenary sessions and certain other special sessions can be livestreamed out from Grand Rapids for live viewing by virtual attendees. Likewise, only those special sessions will have the capability to livestream in virtual presentations to in-person attendees at Grand Rapids. Conference center bandwidth will also probably not support the playing of pre-recorded virtual presentations for in-person attendees during a session, but session organizers are welcome to organize “watch parties” of virtual presentations at other times or locations.
All presenters, whether in-person or virtual, will need to provide a pre-recorded version of their presentation 10 days prior to the start of the conference. These recordings will be available on demand for both in-person and virtual attendees to view for up to 180 days after the conference. Pre-recorded presentations will have asynchronous question-and-answer capability.
All presenters are being asked to provide a recorded version of their talk that will be available to all registrants. Live events, such as plenary sessions, will also be recorded and posted to the meeting website.
All presenters at JASM 2022 are asked to record a virtual version of their presentation. This way, all presentations will be embedded into the virtual platform and thus viewable to all our attendees without a need for Zoom.
However, networking sessions and one-on-one meetings may be impacted if Zoom is used for those sessions and meetings.
It is the responsibility of the registrant to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of each virtual session. If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the session is not able to be broadcast as planned, JASM reserves the right to reschedule the event. If an attendee experiences a technical failure on their end, JASM is not responsible for refunding the participant.
Click the following links for more details regarding how to record/upload presentations:
For technology questions not answered here, please contact Steve Kambouris, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Joint Aquatic Sciences Meeting (JASM) is committed to providing safe and welcoming environments for all who participate in JASM events and activities, whether in person or virtual. The member societies of the Consortium of Aquatic Science Societies prohibit and will not tolerate any form of harassment, bullying, or discrimination. Together, we can ensure that JASM events support free expression and exchange of scientific ideas in environments that are positive and productive for all. To read the full Code, please visit the Code of Conduct web page.
Yes, child care will be provided by Plus One Childcare. The fee per child is $200.00 for the week and $50.00 additional for evening networking events. The additional costs will be supplemented by JASM. The link to reserve space is coming soon. A mothers’ room will also be provided.
Yes, there are two gender-neutral restrooms in the convention center.
The JASM Planning Team has instituted mandatory health and safety protocols for all in-person participants. We are excited to bring our science community back together for 2022, with safety and trust as our top priority. All in-person participants are required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccination and booster against COVID-19. You will be asked to present your original vaccination card(s), a photo or copy of it, or proof via a COVID vaccination app at registration. If booster shots are not yet widely available in your country, please contact email@example.com for an exception.
- Face masks are required by all attendees, staff, and volunteers in all meeting spaces, regardless of local mandates.
We are actively watching advice on gathering and travel while working with local and national advisory groups. If conditions and advice change and warrant a reduced in-person event or fully online event, we will inform our attendees as soon as possible.
- World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and data
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Center (CDC) travel guidelines
- CDC COVID data tracker
- Michigan Department of Health https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
The main venue, the DeVos Place Convention Center, has extensive Covid health and safety protocols in place.
Full refunds are available until April 1, 2022. After that date, we encourage you to attend online or find a substitute attendee.
Full refunds are available until April 1, 2022. After that date, we encourage you to attend online.
The difference between in-person registration and virtual registration will be refunded with no fee.